An “independent adjuster” is a professional licensed as an all-lines adjuster who is self-appointed or appointed and employed by an independent adjusting firm or other independent adjuster, and who undertakes on behalf of an insurer to ascertain and determine the amount of any claim, loss, or damage payable under an insurance contract or undertakes to effect settlement of such claim, loss, or damage.



A claim adjuster that works primarily for an insurance company, and/or TPA. As a staff adjuster, be prepared to work 40 hours per week, depending on the company you work for. This role provides you with the stability of a set scheduled and guaranteed hours.


Public adjuster is any person, partnership, association or corporation advertising, soliciting business or holding himself [or itself] out to the public as an adjuster of claims for losses or damages arising out of policies of insurance, surety or indemnity upon property, persons or insurable business interests